This checklist will help you make the most of NEOS.
- Send us your 'making' photos (including your hands) for publicity.
- Select your image for the NEOS Book and website. It should be square and clear when printed at 4.5 x 4.5 cm (1080 x 1080 pixels). It should represent the type of work that visitors will see at your studio this year. Helpful hints can be found in Members Guide 1.
- Write your artist's statement (no more than 340 characters long) – see Members Guide 2.
- Think about your opening times. We encourage all members to take a day or two off to tour other studios - it's a great way to meet your fellow artists and makers!
- If you don’t have a venue or if you can offer someone a venue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up online for NEOS from the 1st March. Closing dates for 2021 are the 14th March for out of area applications, 21st March for new groups and 31st March for everyone else. Please read Members Guide 1 - 3.
- Consider how you will promote your involvement in NEOS - plan ahead. Suggestions can be found in Members Guide 5 & 6.
- Follow NEOS on social media - 'love' and share our posts. Create your own posts and tag NEOS (all year round):
- Facebook: @NorthEastOpenStudios
- Instagram: @neopenstudios
- Twitter: @NEOS_uk
- Proofread your entry in the NEOS Book and NEOS Map. You will receive an email when the drafts are available.
- Proofread your entry in the online map and on the NEOS website – check all links lead to the right place. You will receive an email about this.
- Plan what you will need to display your work, e.g. frames, display stands etc. Bear in mind that picture-framers and other third-parties may be busy in the run up to NEOS.
- Pick up NEOS Books from your Pick Up Point (could be available in July).
- Distribute your allocation of NEOS Books in your area. For more information on how and where to distribute them, see Members Guide 5.
- Respond to the Members Survey. Your answers will help us to improve NEOS for next year.
- Send in your Vistors Survey email addresses.
- Attend the AGM and join the discussion on improvements for next year. Consider volunteering to help organise next year's NEOS!